Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Join Me on my Quest!

Image by John Benwell via Flickr
 
Hello! My name is Sarah Chafins. I'm a wife, mother, and aspiring author. Before writing this, and even before creating this blog, I thought about the many different approaches and topics I could use to address my first post. I agonized over the usual questions: What if no one likes it? What if I sound stupid? What if someone says something mean? What if my reputation is ruined?! (Okay, that one is a bit extreme). After all, first impressions are everything. I certainly didn't want to bore you with my biography, so I included that in the “About Me” section. In the end, I decided that it was okay if everyone doesn't like my blog, everyone says something stupid now and then, and mean people will always be out there. As for ruining my reputation, I figure that's mostly within my control. If I stay true to myself and my Christian values, I can keep my honor.

Now, let's get to it! Why am I blogging? In my mind, it's simple. I am a writer, and I love to write: sweet notes for my husband's lunch box, in my journal, messages to friends and family, inspirational fiction, and lately, a blog post. No, I don't promise all the answers or supernatural wisdom, but I hope you can learn something, or at least take away something of value – hopefully, I can too. That's right, I'm not going to blog just for your benefit (wink). I want to learn too! The definition of wisdom is experience and knowledge, isn't it? I can only shed light on mine, so hopefully, you'll share your experience and knowledge with me as well. About what? you're asking. Writing of course!

For as long as I can remember, I've loved imagining, and even before I learned to write, I've loved creating stories. Not all of them have made it on paper, but nonetheless, I created them. Consider this my quest for writing success. Will you join me? I want what many of you writers out there want, to be successful. More specifically, to have my work published. Do I believe it will happen for me? Absolutely! I am realistic though, I know its going to take hard work, dedication, persistence, and patience (among other qualities). I don't believe in luck, though. Can you be in the right place, at the right time and have something exceptional happen? Sure, but you wouldn't have gotten there if you hadn't made some sort of effort. Let's give ourselves a little credit.

I have completed my first manuscript, a historical romance, and am now working on a YA fantasy, which is proving to be so much fun. My complete manuscript has been requested by two different agencies for review within a couple weeks apart, and the anticipation... I am really excited about this journey, and hope we can take it together. Feel free to comment. Are you on a quest for writing success? Where are you on your journey? Have you just begun writing? Maybe you're already a  successful writer? Have you been writing for years without success?


No comments:

Post a Comment